Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Exclusive Interview: The White Man’s Bitch: Aisha Sekhmet raps with Kalonji Changa of The FTP Movement


Exclusive Interview:


The White Man’s Bitch

Aisha Sekhmet raps with Kalonji Changa of The FTP Movement




For about a week straight I had gotten over thirty emails and at least 15 Facebook messages asking my opinion about a video called “ You The White Man’s Bitch”. I must admit, I don’t really waste my time checking out online videos dealing with folks or subjects that have no relevance to my people or myself. Besides, the name sounded like another Internet revolutionary or cyber thug trying to get some notoriety. But after all the hype, I wanted to see what the noise was about, so I checked it out. On the monitor I see this southern rap slingin’ Sista going absolutely ballistic! The song “You The White Man’s Bitch” is a no holds barred, straight-up no chaser assault on anyone Aisha Sekhmet feels is in support of Global White Supremacy. “You The White Man’s Bitch” is also a direct response to a rapper from Memphis, TN, named Yo Gotti who released a song called “5 Star Bitch”. Although there were a few inconsistencies, I definitely understood the point the Sista was trying to get across. I am a firm believer of Mao Tse Tung’s statement, “No investigation, No right to speak”, so before I formed an opinion, I wanted to at least find out where she was coming from. I knew the Sista was a member of our online site (www.ftpmovement.ning.com) so I reached out to her. I recently sat down with Aisha at the studio of Professor Griff of The Legendary Hip Hop group Public Enemy. We chopped it up and the results are in this interview. Check it out and give us some feedback.

Kalonji: First off give us an introduction as to who you are and where you’re from?

Aisha: My name is Aisha Sekhmet. I am a Hip Hop artist and Black Nationalist from New Orleans, currently residing in Atlanta.

Kalonji: You received over a 150,000 online views in less than a week for the video for your controversial song, “You The White Man’s Bitch”, what do you think of that? Did you think it would receive that type of attention?

Aisha: I am shocked that it has so many views within a week's time. The music industry makes us think that people aren't interested in conscious music.

Kalonji: What made you record and release this song and what’s your target audience?

Aisha: I recorded that song because I felt a burning anger when I heard Yo Gotti's song Five Star Bitch. I felt in my spirit that he wrote that song to get a female audience to support him, and he had to call them bitches in the process. My target audience is anyone who can learn something valuable from my message.

Kalonji: How has the song been received?

Aisha: Well, people have many different opinions. Overall, I think most of them are shocked! I performed it at Secrets Lounge in Atlanta, and they loved it.

Kalonji: I have read some of the comments that viewers have posted and some of the criticisms that have been raised. There have been issues with your lyrics such as you starting off the song with the words, “I’m lookin’ for a real nigga like Malcolm X”. Inquiring minds wanna know, what was on your mind with that one?

Aisha: I'm a product of the streets. The Black Men and Women in the Hip Hop community refer to a real nigga as a man that has his shit together, someone that isn't a deadbeat daddy, someone intelligent, etc. etc. That's all I meant. The streets know what I meant. And I give honor to our ancestor Malcolm X for being a real nigga and dying for us!

Kalonji: Another criticism was that you are rapping about your disdain for the white man, but you have a weave. Could you speak on that?

Aisha: I rock weaves, because I like wearing high ponytails and buns. There is no other answer I can try to make up. Afros and dreadlocks don't mean you are for mental liberation in the Black community.

Kalonji: You look young; may I ask how old you are?

Aisha: I am 24.

Kalonji: How long have you been studying about our culture and our people?

Aisha: In 2005, I met a guy when I was stripping. He would bring books and videos to my house, and I used to laugh at him. Between 2005 and 2008 I struggled with truth, and I didn't want to accept it. In 2008, my 3rd eye opened.

Kalonji: What are your plans musically? Will you be releasing a full CD and are you doing live performances?

Aisha: Well, I love Hip Hop and I would like to work with some different producers and meet like-minded female rappers. I am releasing a full CD soon, and I have performed frequently on the Atlanta Underground Hip Hop scene. I have received booking offers nationally and I am preparing to hit the road.

Kalonji: Any parting words for the people?

Aisha: If you call yourself conscious and you are not doing anything to wake up the lost, then you are insignificant. If you are lost and find it hard to swallow my white man's Bitch pill, hold your head back, grab a cold glass of Truth and pour her in.


For Interviews, Bookings or performances go to info@thesoulplanet.com

Kalonji Changa can be reached at: defendingthepoor@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment