Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What have you done for Him lately?




...Continued from 'The Field'


A servant does the work of God to save souls, set the bound free, to declare healing to the sick in the name of Jesus, to make desciples, to teach. The Lord Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him. He answered  ' yes Lord', the Lord Jesus asked Peter the same question three times and he said 'yes'; then God said 'take care of my sheep'.
"When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these? " "Yes, Lord, "he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, Feed the lambs." AGAIN Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered "Yes, Lord you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." The third time he said to him, "Simon  son of John, do you love me? "Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep." John 21:15-18 

 I pray that God helps us to understand this message He has sent to us. Everyday we tell God how much we love Him, but ask yourself how many times have you taken care of the souls? It is sad to see so many young people who should be using their strength in God, waisting it with worthless things of the world.

Since you have been in the church, ask yourself how many times have you asked God for something? Many would answer, "I ask for something everyday". But then, how many times do you offer yourself to God and to His will? How many times do you respond to Him when He is asking you to save a souls, to feed a ship, to invite the lost, to visit the wounded, to set the captives free?

"...Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you since the creation of teh world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothes me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. 'Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25: 30-46 Have you availed yourself to do the work of God, to be used by Him?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment