Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Humbleness before God

He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." 
"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.Matthew 15:26-28


One day I was thinking about God, my life, my requests and I really wanted to get God's attention. And I asked myself how can I get God's attention. There are times when you feel like you could go to Him or He can come to you and talk to Him face to face. Well that does happen and it is possible, the only thing needed is for us to make time for Him just as we make time for everything else in our lives.

But while I was asking myselt about how can God pay attention to me, I started to read the bible and found a verse that says: "..."This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word. Isaiah 66:2 and that was on the 12th of January at 7:05pm (I posted this verse on Facebook, even though I don't normally post anything there-but this I did).

The next Sunday we were told about the Sunday of Humility (31st January 2010) and that the whole UCKG will humble themselves before God. Right the in the service I nkew God was speaking to me as He did on the 12th/01

The first verse above shows us a woman who humbled herself greately before God. How would you feel if someone called you a dog? many people would feel insulted and would speak bad at the person that  said this. But the woman had great faith, that even in the moment where she was being ashamed she will be greately honoured. She had a case to present before God, and believed. She went to God with a broken heart over her problem and was humble before God even when she was told, 'it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs'. She believed that even from the masters table, she will eat. What do you want to receive from the Master our God? and maybe we should ask ourselves; 'are we willing to humble ourselves before Him?...

"Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them." Daniel 10:12

When you read the bible you see that Daniel had humbled himself for three weeks before God, but we also realise that his blessing was withheld by the prince of persian kingdom. But Daniels humbleness before God brough the answer that he needed from God and from the first day he humbled himself he was blessed.

The are many examples in the bible of people who humbled themselves before God and saw the power of God. He can still do the same thing today to those who humble themselves!
"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up". James 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment