Monday, January 11, 2010

SISTERHOOD - SOUTH AFRICA

Yesterday 10th January 2010 was the first meeting of 'SISTERHOOD' which was hel in the Temple of Faith Johannesburg. Many of us attended the meeting which was an opportunity and a blessing to me and I believe to everyone who was there.

This is a group dedicated to change today's wome. Where we make friends and become like sisters. Bein g part of sisterhood is a 'project' aimed at grooming women to be different an dbe examples to others.

I first heard about sisterhood in December 2009 on Facebook and I really liked what I saw, but at the time I did not understand what was happening. On Friday 8th January I learnt more about sisterhood, as I was reading Mrs Christiana Cardoso's blog. Eagerly I wanted to be part of this group of amazing wome who wanted to make a difference. The only problem was that sisterhood was only in Texas-USA. Anyway that did not get me down, I was determined to do what these women were doing (I saw the the things they were doing on the site) even though we did not have the group here in South Africa.

Sunday 10th January we had an assistants meeting in Soweto and Bishop told us there would be a meetint in the Temple of Faith for females called 'sisterhood'. I was so excited and said to myself I am going to this meeting! However when we were informed about the meeting we were told that the meeting is for females from age 15-25. My heart sank and I remember saying to myself No...

When the assistants meeting finished I met 3 other assistants who were older than 25 - like me and we decided to go to the meeting and if they chace us away - so be it, we said. Irrespective of our age we went to the meeting. The four of us older than 25 years took our bags and went to the meeting of sisterhood while others who wanted to go stayed behind because of the age limit that was told to us in the assistants meeting.

When we (the 4 enthusiastic ladies) arrived in the meeting we learnt that sisterhood was for women  from 15-30 years of age and not 25. We thanked God that we were so eager and came to the meeting, we were  very excited, our faith did not let us down. We were happy that we did not stay behind!
The meeting could not finish without taking a picture with Mrs Marcia, a picture of the first meeting of 'sisterhood'.
We enjoyed the entire meeting and spoke about it the whole way back to our church.
The work is just begining and there is so much to do and so much to learn.

Sisterhood - Women of God in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment