Monday, January 18, 2010

With God


I have just read about Love Dare. I heavent actually read the dare but what people thought of the dare and how it changed many people's marriages and lives. While reading (not having read the dares yet) I thought; why we don't make a dare to ourselves in relation to our relationship to God.
Many times we try to figure out how we can fix, secure or repair our lives or relationships with parents, sisters, spouse, friends,etc. We always worry about the bad we did towards someone; maybe s/he did not like what I said or maybe you offended someone. It's not wrong to examine ourselves about what we have done or said, but how many times do we exarmine ourselves when it comes to those close to us? and how many time do we examine ourselves before God, our relationship and communion with Him.

Seems to me like we sometimes worry a lot about things happening around us and our focus moves away from the one important thing - God!

"We tell our best friends everything that happens in our lives but we don't mention to God what is happening and how we feel about a certain situation. We constantly forget to humble ourselves before God and say I am in need of your help, this is what is happening in my life..."

Love Dare - a good book I here, I have seen the movie and it's one of my favourite movies - I would still like to read the book.

But I am asking myself; "can't we make a love dare for our relationship with God?" I believe we can take time to focus on building a stronger relationship with God and I believe He will restore all other broken relationships. Think about it...And act on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment