Monday, November 1, 2010

The Son

The Sunflower is one of those beautiful flowers that I really never considered much, to me it was just like any other flower only this one is called Sunflower.

It was like this up until we (Sisterhood) had a meeting called Sunflower Event and honestly I wondered 'why the Sunflower'? On Sunday the 31st October I learnt something amazing about this flower and I left the Sunflower Meeting in Gauteng wanting to be like the Sunflower.
It always follows the Sun, gaining light, the sunlight, it cannot live without the light because without it the flower dies. Some Pledges who had bought the Sunflower the day before the event, saw that the following day they had died because they were not receiving enough light where they were kept.

It's amazing, I want to follow the Son (Jesus) and gain light, life, wisdom, understanding and all He has for me and more. With the Son we can never be lost, we are never alone. This also showed me the importance of renewing our relationship with God at all time, staying connected to Him and we will produce so many seeds and many disciples of Jesus will be born through us/ through me.
Right now I have kept the handmade sunflower in my desk, I have the sunflower as my desktop and in my hat at home, well in  the hat it's also part of our task.

It all makes sense to me now, the sunflower always following the sun! We should always seek the Son - Jesus.
There more we seek Him we will find Him

No comments:

Post a Comment