Wednesday, November 10, 2010

THANK YOU .... 10,000 TIMES




"House On Fire" just passed the 10,000 pageviews mark. Kind of "the little blog that could."

While I know it isn't exactly Facebook-level traffic, it's way better than I expected a little under 8 months in. And it's really heartening to know that folks are at least taking a look.

The best day so far drew over 1,000 pageviews and gave me a jolt as to the potential for non-commercial, "non-famous" blogs. I also learned that you can get a real spurt when something you've written coincides with a hot news item.

The most popular blog post? "The Idiot Culture" -- far and away (over 1,500 views to date). Interesting.

My fiancee Shelley was my first follower, and just that initial act of support was enough to give me some spiritual momentum. Since then, each of you has added to that. So in a sense, this blog is an example of the social change it espouses: If just one person picks up the gauntlet, things can begin to happen.

That, as much as anything, makes doing this more than worthwhile.

So thanks very much to you all and please keep visiting.

Take care,
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment