Monday, August 16, 2010

The uninvited

I looked at this young woman and the uninvited immediately showed up in my head: 'She hates you. Look at how she pretends not to see you here!'

The uninvited is always tormenting me, from morning to evening, every single day. She only gives me some peace when I'm too busy to notice things... but whenever I'm around people, the uninvited speaks. It's a horrible feeling, having to always tell myself to have good eyes towards other people... I don't want to assume things, to make up things in our head, jump to the weirdest conclusions. I hate falling in her trap!

Everyone goes through this, but most especially us women. It's a spiritual battle, we always have to be on our guards, ready to defeat these evil eyes. They're quite natural for us, have you noticed that?

Watch Angelina Jolie's latest 'Salt' and notice all her new wrinkles. Friends stop talking the minute you come in the room and the uninvited is back on!

It's sad to see so many of us having this interior attitude, because what's the use of a new hairdo Sunday morning if all God sees is the uninvited seated in the best seat of our minds?

One way I've been managing to get rid of this evil nature in me is by apologizing to God, praying for that person, and doing something nice towards that person. I'm telling you, I feel so good doing it, and I think that if I keep this going, soon this uninvited will feel pretty uncomfortable with me.
By: Mrs Cristian Cardoso


I joined this Pledge to rebuke the uninvited last week. 


"The uninvited keeps coming, but I have been working hard by rebuking and keeping my mind busy with other things. I rebuke and ask God to forgive me and give me a pure mind, eyes and spirit because I don't want the uninvited to have a place in my life and get comfortable. And I know the uninvited will go away, because it has no place in me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment