Friday, July 1, 2011

Yasins Fish - Part Two Of My Investigation Of The Economic System Within The Black Community

Now it all makes sense.

A few weeks ago I was startled to see an Asian man behind the counter of the "Yasins Fish" on Rev Ralph D Abernathy Blvd in Southwest Atlanta.  I had thought that Yasin's was a Muslim owned fish joint.  Seeing the Asian man behind the counter with Black folks working - is a good indicator of who the owner is.  Sorry but this is the truth.

I went to the primary Yasin's Fish location that I frequent the most - Old National High Way.

The man working the counter was the owner of the business.  He was a Black man.  He filled me in on everything.   I asked him if Yasin's was a franchise business.  He told me that this is a company owned store and they have two franchise operations around the city.  I told him that I was startled to see an Asian operating the R.D.A. location.  He affirmed that this was one of the two franchisees and that another one is being run by an Ethiopian man elsewhere.

The owner told me that they had 6 locations around the area but the changing demographics in various areas had eroded his base of customers.  I recalled the location on Cleveland Avenue.  He said that the community became more Hispanic and his business plummeted so they closed.

He told me that at one time he offered franchise opportunities to all of his managers but none of them took it.  "Today Black people lack the entrepreneurial spirit.  I have no idea what happened to us as a people", he said.  I clarified the point, asking if the challenges were in them struggling for a short while on less money that the anticipated until they figured out what the market wanted.  He said 'Yes.  They want a paycheck more than they care to run a business'

I told him about my recent visit to Philadelphia where Koreans, Chinese, Dominicans and Indians own the lion's share of retail properties within the Black community that corporations do not.

The vision of Dr Claude Anderson is but an empty talking point - I thought as I departed.  (I was listening to the audio report from the Fulton County Jail corruption as I put my fish into my car and drove off.).   I was made to think - "The Black Community in our present state is in a state of CONTAMINATION as those forces who have the most influence upon our people are also the most corrupt in their intent.

The oft discussed plan for Black people to corner the market on the SEAFOOD industry vertical market was a great idea that never materialized beyond its "Great Idea" status.

I can't help but have a growing spirit of HATRED for those who are purposefully manipulating our people from WITHIN.  They know exactly what they are doing.

It is no surprise to me that those who refer to Black people in INFERIORIZED references ("The Least Of These", "The Vulnerable Masses" ) would also see us as a repository of "Equal Black Ballots" rather than as competent people.

I am indeed a "pained Black man".
I am beside myself in understanding how much the Black Community Consciousness is being misappropriated by people who claim to be inline with our community interests but who are instead intent on promoting their ideology and their goals for "Black Equal Ballot Harvesting" - damn the results thus far which have fallen short of our needs.

Add Dr Claud Anderson to the list of lynching victims that includes Martin Luther King Jr who stood against war even as it forced him to stand against a favorable president and Malcolm X who warned us all about the costs of running the pass plays that are presently being run by the embedded confidence men at our expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment