Sunday, October 24, 2010

A REVOLUTIONARY QUESTION FOR YOU


"Keep rowing, boys! This trip is tax deductible!"
I read a lot in the papers about illegal immigrants.

I will write about immigration another time. For now I'll just say that if we gave back the chunk of Mexico we stole, well...

Instead, I want to pose a question that counterpoints the illegal immigrants issue.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS THIS:

Why is it that you can be granted a Green Card in the United States, work honestly and PAY TAXES, but you are NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE?

STOP!

Before you go off on a diatribe about citizenship, let me remind you that the American Revolution was fought for exactly this reason: the white people living here (they didn't have domestic citizenship then) objected to paying taxes to Britain but not having any representation in the British parliament.

Remember the Boston Tea Party?

Politicians love to quote history in a very selective way to show how patriotic they are and blah blah blah. But this doesn't add up.

If anyone can convince me that this isn't hypocrisy, I'll treat you to a cup of tea. English Breakfast, of course.

Take care and give me one sugar and milk,
Adrian Zupp

IF YOU FOUND THIS BLOG POST INTERESTING you might like to take a look at THE FIRST AMENDMENT BELONGS TO YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment