Monday, June 21, 2010

A blessing for Father's Day


In this month of Sisterhood we had to show compassion to our mother's and grandmother's, I showed them the compassion and the love – but I stay with them and thought I will do to those far from me. That's when I thought of my dad. And then Mrs Marcia began the discussion on Father's Day – Eiii she hit the right spot, but the one I tried to avoid. It was still hard, when I responded to that discussion I was very nervous about the whole thing – this seemed like a big challenge for me, one that I had ignored most of my life.

I began looking for father's day cards, and every card I found was speaking about a bond between a child and a father and I just did not felt like that. A colleague of mine saw me last week in the section of cards going through father's day cards, “I never heard you speaking about your father”, is what she said. I could not even reply to her because did not know what to say and she was just as surprised.

I tried to find something for him and eventually on Saturday I went on shopping spree, just for my dad. By this day I was eager I could not wait to see his reaction because I knew he was not expecting it. When I got home I was a bit nervous to what my mother would say when I show her what I bought and was about to do for my dad.
I spoke one hint to my mother then kept quiet – then she asked me and I then told my mother everything and showed her what I bought for my dad. And my mother's response...

She had no words to express her emotions. She began to bless me...yo I was shocked, but happy. My mother thanked God for me, she blessed me and asked God to bless me and open all my ways. She thanked 'Sisterhood' and said if it were not for sisterhood this would not be happening (which is true). Yo I was releaved and happy and began thanking God myself.

Sunday I left the house early in the morning by 7:00am I was already outside my father's house. No one was expecting me and they were still sleeping. My knock woke them up! My father opened the door. After a little breathing I took out a bag that had the gift and gave to him and said 'Happy Father's Day'. Yo, he was smiling, happy and could not believe “You woke us early for a good thing,' said my dad. My step mother came and she was happy as well. Inside the pack I had placed a DVD of 'Sisterhood', as my step mother put it in the DVD Player I explained to them about 'Sisterhood' and what it had done for me and the reason I was there. “If it were not for 'Sisterhood' I would not be here today,” I said and then began to cry as I began to explain to them why I said that. My step mother was so shocked but happy as well. By this time my father was the one comforting me and telling me not to cry. “In life we learn and the important thing is that you learnt to do what is right. Even I am still learning and what you have done today has taught me a lot as well,” said my dad. I am happy to say the blessings I got from my mother a day before I got from my father as well. My dad gave me some wise words for the first time in his life and began to ask God to bless me. All this happened with my arms around him and his arms around me.

I never thought it would happen, but it did.

In the cards I gave to him I wrote my own words, and gladly acknowledged God and 'Sisterhood' and told my day that God is our greater Father. As I returned to God I pray my dad can return to God the Father.

Thank you very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment