Sunday, June 20, 2010

THANK YOU, DADS!


Happy Father's Day to dads everywhere!

Dads in nuclear families, single dads, step-dads, de facto dads, dads far from their kids, ailing dads, dads who have it all, and on down the line.

You all count.

Very much.

I'm very grateful for the father I had and I think of him several times every day even though he passed almost 20 years ago. He lives in me and my brother and sister. Because he was a great dad.

I'm very grateful for my young son and I pray that I can give him something of me that is good so his life might be a little easier or wiser or kinder.

Cheers to my brother who is a model dad.

God bless the dads who are only with their children in spirit.

God bless the mums who have to be dads as well.

If you're not a dad you can be... even without having a child. A coach, a teacher, a mentor, an uncle... if you give time and love to a child you are a dad in your own way. Recognize that. It is more important these days than perhaps ever before.

Those dads who have been hurt by "family law" and the meanness of judges and lawyers who watch the clock and the bank account, take heart! Time and distance cannot break the bonds between you and yours as long as you love: quietly or out loud. This is a spiritual thing and the fallacies of the courts do not enter into it. Keep loving.

Take everything positive from this day that you can, dads. And every day you are alive be positive about, to and for your kids.

And thank you. A million times over.

Adrian
PS: A very special "thank you" to my friend Pauline who invited me to a Father's Day get-together at her home. How lucky am I to have a friend like that?
PPS: Happy Father's Day to Shelley and Mr. D. You both give more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment