Sunday, June 13, 2010

THANK YOU, OH MY FOLLOWERS!


At this juncture in my nascent blogging career I want to say a HUGE Thank You to each and every one of my followers.

I have expressed before the intrinsic goals of "House On Fire," but my hope is that it will be a springboard to finishing an activist networking website I started developing years ago. Then, who knows? Maybe I'll form a non-profit or maybe just move to DC and bang on the doors of power like a madman in my final couple of decades.

I promise you this: I will devote time and sweat, suffering if necessary, money at every turn, and my life in general, to helping others: relying heavily on my main gift of writing/commentary.

If I may be so bold as to ask one more thing of you it would be to help me to keep increasing the number of followers. Even if you just get one friend to sign up. Please.

There is strength in numbers... and there is also media attention. A fact I am acutely aware of as a former media professional. I'm determined to make plenty of noise and I'm here for the long haul. But I am just a mouthpiece. YOU are the critical mass.

Each of you has helped make this thin end of the dream's wedge possible. And that is a very personal act of faith and support that means so much to me.

33 followers at present. It doesn't sound like a lot but it's actually a very good start in the blog world, as far as I can ascertain. And there are ways I can blow the numbers out over time. But I needed the start you gave me.

Special thanks to the person who believed in me enough to become my very first follower: her photo perched up there all alone where now all 33 of you sit. That meant a very great deal to me and I'll never forget it.

I am humbled that each of you is interested in what I have to say. Far more importantly, I am inspired that you, like me, are looking to a better future.

Please keep reading. Please tell your friends. Please help me to move through my humble but hopeful activist evolution. Not for the glorification of your flawed and troubled blogger. But for the greater glorification of our planet, our loved ones and, ultimately, the most important ingredients of our humanity.

Take care and steal every smiling moment you can,
Adrian :-)
PS: Later today I will be putting up another posting about the Internet and related issues. Please watch for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment