Friday, July 23, 2010

THE WISDOM OF SOLOMON



Norman Solomon is one of America's most important activists. Google him.

I've known Norman [pictured above with writer/journalist Reese Erlich, left, and actor/activist Sean Penn, right] for three or four years, I suppose, but met him for the first time yesterday. He was in Las Vegas to attend a conference: A strange setting for two die-hard lefties to meet, nestled, as we were, in his room in the Masquerade Tower at the Rio. But the conversation was, as always, no frills.

We discussed his last book "Made Love, Got War," what a dire disappointment Obama is (even to those of us who had pretty low expectations to begin with), and the creature that is Las Vegas. As always, Norman was engaging, polite to a fault, and laser like in his appraisal of the status quo.

He also told me he might run for Congress in the future, as an unapologetic, true liberal Democrat. He lives in San Francisco and thinks he has a shot in his home district.

It's important that we spread the word about people like Norman Solomon. With their exceptional intelligence, flawless ethics and boundless energy, individuals like him are rare. We need them. And we need to help them.

If it's easy enough to send those funny chain emails all over the Net (nothing wrong with that!), surely we can pass on word about someone like Norman. So look him up, read some of his stuff, tell some friends, and let me know if you can think of any sites where I could put links or samples of his writing. (You can email me at adrianz59@yahoo.com)

This is a link to Norman Solomon's personal site: http://www.normansolomon.com/

Here is his Facebook page (friend him!): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Norman-Solomon/74786724636

And here is a link to his bio: http://www.normansolomon.com/norman_solomon/2004/04/norman_solomon_.html

I'm a hardened skeptic -- working as a journalist and living in Las Vegas will do that to you -- so I'm a hard sell. If I put my faith in someone, you can believe that it is well earned. I would back Norman Solomon all the way to DC and beyond.

I hope you will too.

Take care and keep smiling,
Adrian Zupp

No comments:

Post a Comment