Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pledge Night and Award Ceremony

I have taken time to write about this day that was very special. Pledge Night is a very, but very special day and the excitement, the joy that comes with this Night is hard to explain. I believe the other Sisterhood girls who are Pledges know exactly how I feel and what a special day it is.

Pledge Night - I believe this is the project that God prepared especially for women who want to be woman of God, women who are willing and desire to grow in their lives as women and in their spiritual life. These women show a different women that is not commonly found in the world.

When world says mini skirts, sisterhood says No, respect your body.
When the world says tattoos, Sisterhood says No, respect the Temple of the Holy Spirit.
When the world says show off to others, Sisterhood says No, do everything to honor God.
When the world say let's party, Sisterhood says No, let's Pledge to be be women of God and live as examples.
When the world says 'she thinks she is better, Sisterhood says No gossip.
When the world says bad, noisy, do what you want, Sisterhood says be discreet and do the will of God!

Sisterhood teaches and says many things that cannot all be mentioned just here. However I have been blessed, god has given me the privileged to be part of this group, my life has changed, spiritually I have grown, I have overcome some of my fears, I have accepted challenges that have led me to be a better person, I have broken out of many shells that I had around my life, thanks to the women who are helping us in Sisterhood and these women are Big Sisters and Sisters.

On the 11th April 2010, I became a Pledge and part of the Sisterhood family. My mother and friend Matshidiso were there to witness me make this Pledge and receiving the certification as a Pledge. I was a blessing.

On the 12th September 2010 I witnessed 25 beautiful women becoming Pledges to Sisterhood and receiving their certification and bracelets.
We witnessed the consecration of three Sisters, Mrs Thokozile, Mrs Veronica and Mrs Ana.



The unexpected was when I received two awards in the Second Pledge Night, awarded as Most Caring Pledge and Most Featured Pledge of the Season.

I witnessed other Pledges who became Sisters, Mrs Leidi and Mrs Nathallin. I have had the honor to work with these beautiful women. Mrs Leidi was my friend like sister in the month of May 2010, a very beautiful lady inside and out! Mrs Nathallin and I worked closely together mostly towards the ceremony of the Pledge Night, working with decorations to banners and so forth. The time was short and work needed to be done, but she was so sweet throughout the whole time, speaking to her I found a very loving sweet person and a hard worker and committed.



Boitumelo was blessed and received the Pledge of the year award.

Mrs Anna our Ndodakazi yase Africa, spoke Zulu perfectly and received the Best Dressed award.

Mrs Johanna was blessed with the Most Changed award. Congratulations to everyone and thanks goes to every one that voted for us.
Mrs Precious who received the The Best Homemaker Award.

More I am still learning and showing to others who are eager to be part of this project.
Sisterhood - Women of God in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment