Friday, September 16, 2011

Testimony of Barbara



This is the testimony of Barbara Oliveira, it is from the TV program presented by the Universal Church Bishop Macedo. It is a very strong testimony and I would like to share it. The pastor's wife Claudio Oliveira, told how she met God and what was her situation before. At age 13, when she lived in a broken home, her mother was a drug dealer and drug user.



Afraid of losing her parent, she locked her own mother at home to protect her. "She was addicted to cocaine, drinking heavily and for six months each year became a lesbian. I witnessed it all and I never met my father. It was only me and my sister," she said.

But in all the effort of the daughter, she was unable to save her mother from death. A year later, the mother was murdered by traffickers. "Her death was brutal. They sexually molested her, strangled, shot down over the head with a 12 caliber gun and even burned her body in public. "I could not recognize it at the Institute of Legal Medicine (IML), because it was unrecognizable and I was little, " she said.

Barbara's grandmother had died, as well as each of the five children. As they did not generate any child after the murder of her mother, she found herself completely alone without any family or relatives, and her sister.

She also recalls that shortly before the death of his mother, Barbara began to smuggle in her place and, at age 14, was already armed. "After the murder of my mother, I fled with my sister (photo). At that time, was living with a drug dealer who was from another faction. After the funeral, I found myself sitting with my sister, on the curb, without having to go. As we are daughters of different fathers, took her to the house of his paternal grandparents and I live my life, but promised to return one day to get it. I had a lot of hate inside me. Although he never killed anyone, I'd like to see people dying. I no longer had any feeling for any human being, "she recalls. 
"There was a time I witnessed a young man being burned alive. One of the traffickers sent him to drink petrol and set fire to him. I remember the cries for help and forgiveness from the girl, but the traffic is so, who betrays or 'snitching', no forgiveness, death is certain and with cruelty, "she says.

At the time, Barbara's life was driven by hatred. With life destroyed and alone, she left 15 years of São Gonçalo, metropolitan region of Rio de Janeiro, to try a new life in the city of Rio. "He lived days and nights of hellish torment. In the community there are a lot of shacks to live in, but do not have any to reach out and help those in need, "she said.


Missing their family, Barbara had the desire to meet death. Several times she reports having attempted suicide, however, because of the promise made to her sister, had just given up the idea. Arriving in Copacabana, Rio's south zone, at a young age, Barbara was soliciting for prostitution, but when faced with more experienced girls, retreated. "They told me that my body could not stand the 'pace of work' because I would sleep with many men in a single day and for that, I would need to withstand a lot of cocaine snorting. Despite having grown up in an environment where there were many drugs, I never used it because I was afraid of becoming addicted like my mother. I took that and ran. The landlady hit me and said I do not have programs, only answer incoming calls and do the laundry of all the other prostitutes.

"After so much suffering, I was evangelized by a young man, now dead. He had drifted away from the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, and he said, "'I'll take you to a place that will change your life. Mine has not changed because I did not want to change, but you need to have this opportunity. " I was out of consideration because he did not believe that someone or something could change my life. The only thing he asked me to open my heart  when we got there, "she recalls.

"I met the UCKG Botafogo at 15 years. The release (process to be free) was not easy, but I persevered because I knew that this was my last port. When the madam found out, she began to give me food poisoning, water from the toilet and would not let me take a bath, so that the church people could smell it and not accept me. But it did not, however, the workers treated me like a daughter, "she says.

Without having to go elsewhere, sometimes sleeping in the house of madam, where he was locked up or spent the night on the beach of Botafogo in order to achieve or attend the meetings. "In her house, if I wanted to eat good food or drink cold water, the condition was not to go to the Universal Church, but I persevered, because I was sure it was there that my life would change," she emphasizes.

Determined to have her life transformed, Barbara sought and attained liberation, however, the feeling of resentment persisted and could not forgive those who treated her so badly. "It was a very difficult time, there was no way for me. The affection I received from the worker was so good! I was still dirty and they hugged me and said they miss me. It made me feel important. I was baptized in the waters. As I was still living on the street, other people thought I had not changed, but much had been done and when I was able to forgive. Then I was baptized with the Holy Spirit and got to love all people who harmed me and my family.

After conversion, Barbara kept her promise and went to fetch her sister. "Just come back to see us when she came to pick me up. She took care of me and today is a great woman of God. Her life now is just win, "says Sister Cynthia.

Barbara's husband, Pastor Claudio Oliveira, who was then a member of the Youth Force, he observed the behavior of youth and accompanied the liberation process and converting it. "Many people, when they learned that I was interested in her, I spoke only to give up because it would disturb me. Even people within the Church believed that God could do what she did in her life. We began to talk, pray and how she still lived on the street, I asked her to move in with my sister, "he says.

About a year later, they married and now serve God on the altar. "I tell this guy that, there is a way of victory, there is a God who can take you out of this situation, that hut, this life of suffering. He wants to give you peace, which is what I have today, "he assures.

Bishop Edir Macedo, the testimony of Barbara proves that God can change anyone's life, whatever the situation. "The Universal Church believes those who are suffering, moaning, howling in pain. So you who are lost, know that the God of Abraham transformed the lives of Barbara and can do the same in your life, "he concludes.

Source; Ark Universal / Universal SC
www.universalsc.org.br

No comments:

Post a Comment